Monday, April 27, 2009

Module 6 Question 3

I would not make this an online course, but if this was not an option, I would incorporate more enjoyable and thought provoking activities that promote the interesting points of informatics and innovative technologies. Because this is a nursing class, the new simulation labs, and other technology that promote critical thinking without endangering the patient. Understanding how these systems work is fascinating, but not really covered as part of this course. Understanding the reasoning for the systems used by hospitals for HIPPA, and success in accuracy are important, but I felt all of this was mere information, without any interactive design to keep me interested in developing new ideas making weak areas stronger.

Providing the students with a complete syllabus at the beginning of the semester was great. Students could work on assignments at the student’s own pace with a deadline that is easily attainable. However feedback on assignments was minimal and was inconsistent between the different instructors, this course could easily be taught by one professor not three different ones.

This course did not meet my expectations for feedback or providing me with a clearer picture of informatics. However I believe that I understand systems management better when related to informatics, but felt course work reflected the known information and did not dive into new technologies or new evidence based practice surrounding new and upcoming practices, revolutionizing nursing and the medical profession.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments. We greatly value your feedback.

    ReplyDelete