Monday, March 2, 2009

Module 3 Question 1

I absolutely love to take tests that give insight on my personality, intelligence, or highlight strengths and weaknesses. I marvel that overtime personality changes to some degree and I become more rounded than prior tests, although I continue to excel in specific areas.

What strengths were highlighted in the results of your multiple intelligence test? How do you interpret these results?

The strengths that were highlighted in my multiple-intelligence test were linguistics, body kinesthetic, and a tie between intrapersonal and spatial-visual intelligences. These results imply that I am excellent at following instructions, strategically place myself in areas or situations that promote success, allow a wide variety of creativity, and do not restrict me to remain sitting or stay in one place. Secondly, I interpret these results as a way to align myself with research projects and team projects that would benefit from these strengths. Nursing is a team effort in every aspect and field, aligning my positives with others negatives may encourage some initial professional battles, but can ultimately; promote a more rounded and stronger work atmosphere, with many different accepted perspectives to enhance the end product.

What technologies might you incorporate to augment your personal learning based on these results?

Technologies that will improve my personal learning include: recent well written and well referenced books, papers, web-pages with excellent referencing, podcasts because they are tangible and portable, and video conferencing. Blogging is relatively new, to me, but also provides instant access from anywhere, clear instructions on use, and encourages extensive creativity. I struggle with online classes because of the lack of tactile or tangible material, there is no time to shine as a student, playing to my intrapersonal result, and educators and students alike can research material at their own pace creating a confusing environment where everyone is on a different page at any given time.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent comments and insights Monte. Yes, our preferences do change over time, and I think you will find they will change even more as time continues.

    Excellent examples as well. I would be interested to know if you are going to continue your blog after you finish this course?

    ReplyDelete