Thursday, February 5, 2009

Module 2 Question 2

The first tab that I normally use in endnote is the collect tab. This tab allows me to search online through specific databases; I use the University of Utah and the Eccles Library. Secondly, the collect tab allows me to import saved references from EBSCOHost, CINAHL, PubMed and other like databases. I can organize my documents through the creation of subfolders under the organize tab to quickly access subject specific articles.

Lastly, if the format tab, this one is my favorite. With this tab I can select the folder created under my collect and organize tab, specific to the subject I want to share or reference. Then, I choose the bibliographic style, such as, MLA, or APA, my favorite is Annotated APA 5th. Finally, I choose the format, HTML, rich text, or plain text. After I have completed these steps I can share the data through e-mail, printing, or saving the data to be accessed at a later time. Again, my favorite is to preview and print, this automatically alphabetizes my list and formats a correct reference page. I usually copy and paste this document to the word document associated. There is a, “Cite while you write plug-in,” that will cite and reference information has you write the paper. I have attempted use of this several times, but have issues getting the software to work appropriately, or being able to export the references without getting gobblegook. The functionality of endnote is amazing, plus, I can access the webpage for free through http://www.myendnote.web. The ease of Endnote’s use keeps me coming back to perform literature searches and format extensive reference pages.

1 comment:

  1. Endnote definitely has a learning curve, but I don't think it's as steep as the one for snowboarding. It sounds like you've become very familiar with it-that's great!

    ReplyDelete