Hello all, I am Monte L. Roberts. I have been an RN since 2002 and have worked in multiple specialties associated with critical care. I am a current a second semester student in the graduate nurse teaching program.
Graduate level nurses need to understand information management because many APRN's will be prescribing, making diagnoses based on data interpreted, and providing feedback based on results. If the information is assimilated incorrectly, or is misunderstood the patient is provided with the wrong care, charged for the wrong test, and ultimately increases the chance of serious negative events for the patient. Secondly, evidence based practice is more effectively identified through multiple sources of information technology. Understanding and using information management more effectively promotes an improved study, more validity, better communication between health professionals, and enhances the multidisiplinary approach toward health care. Information management continues to evlove and become more complex, understanding how the technology works in the individuals facility is pertinent to the success of the individual and facility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment